Characteristics of Microsoft Access:
Tables-They store data in a row and column format similar to spreadsheets.
Quarries-They enables you to view data from a table.
Relationships-Relationships are the bonds you build between the tables. They join tables that have associated elements.
Forms-They enables you to enter,View and modify in a table.
Reports-They enables you to generate reports based on tables and query results.
Data Access Page-They are web pages to view data from the internet where the data is stored in an Access database.
Macros- They are a series of commands and functions that can be executed whenever a task is need to perform.
Modules-They are a set visual basic procedures and declarations stored as one units.
Features of MS Access-
Share database on the web
New macro Builder
New database Templates
Improve Datasheet view
The Improved Ribbon
More Powerful object creation tool
Microsoft Access- Opening databases Shortcuts
1. Ctrl + N = Open a new database.
2. Ctrl + O = Open an existing database.
Microsoft Access- Printing and saving Shortcuts
1. CTRL+P =Print the current or selected object.
2. P or CTRL+P =Open the Print dialog box from Print Preview.
3. S =Open the Page Setup dialog box from Print Preview.
4. C or ESC =Cancel Print Preview or Layout Preview.
5. CTRL+S or SHIFT+F12 =Save a database object.
6. F12 =Open the Save As dialog box.
Microsoft Access – Using a combobox or listbox shortcuts
1. F4 or ALT+DOWN ARROW =Open a combo box.
2. F9 =Refresh the contents of a Lookup field list box or combo box.
3. DOWN ARROW =Move down one line.
4. PAGE DOWN =Move down one page.
5. UP ARROW =Move up one line.
6. PAGE UP =Move up one page.
8. TAB =Exit the combobox or listbox.
Microsoft Access –Finding and replacing shortcuts
1. CTRL+F =Open the Find tab in the Find and Replace dialog box
2.CTRL+H =Open the Replace tab in the Find and Replace dialog box
3. SHIFT+F4 =Find the next occurrence of the text specified in the Find and Replace dialog box when the dialog box is closed