The union government notified the eligibility criteria for its mega pension scheme – Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan. They announced in the budget 2019 for unorganized sector workers. People who are at 40 years or already covered under a pension with a part contribution by the government are not eligible for the scheme.
Only one spouse will be eligible for family pension in case of demise of the pensioner. The Government via a notification dated 07 February 2019, notified the rules and other criteria for the mega pension scheme announced by the Finance Minister. The mega pension scheme is known as Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan.
About Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan
1. The scheme will come into force from 15 February 2019.
2. As per the notification, the Scheme shall apply to the unorganized workers.
3. They are working or engaged as home-based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washermen, rickshaw pullers, landless laborers, own-account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, etc.
4. To join the mega pension scheme, the monthly income of unorganized worker should not exceed Rs 15,000.
5. The eligible person should have a savings bank account and Aadhaar number.
6. The age of workers should not be less than 18 years.
7. They should not more than 40 years of age.
During the years when the pension is received by the subscriber, if he/she dies, then spouse shall be eligible to receive 50 percent of the pension received by the subscriber. The Children of the subscriber will not be allowed to receive any pension benefit after his/her death. The minimum monthly pension assured in the scheme is Rs 3000 which will be paid to the subscriber after attaining the age of 60 years.