The Union AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) Ministry has launched ‘Swasthya Raksha Programme’ to promote health and health education in villages. The programme was initiated through Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH), Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM) and Central Council for Research in Siddha (CCRS). It was launched by AYUSH Ministry in October 2015. Central Council for Research in Siddha (CCRS) in selected districts/ villages with the following aims and objectives:-
1. To organize Swasthya Rakshan OPDs, Swasthya Parikshan Camps and Health/Hygiene awareness programme
2. Awareness about cleanliness of domestic surroundings and environment.
3. Provide medical aid/incidental support in the adopted Colonies/villages.
4. Documentation of demographic information, food habits, hygiene conditions, seasons, lifestyle etc., incidence/prevalence of disease and their relation to the incidence of disease.
5. Assessment of health status and propagation of Ayurvedic concept of pathya-apathya and extension of health care services.
Initiatives undertaken so far-
· Developed IEC material (Banners, hoardings, posters, handouts) in Hindi, English and 07 regional languages.
· Swasthya Rakshan OPDs organized in each village on weekly basis for providing treatment for various disease conditions.
· Swasthya Parikshan Camps organized on weekly basis.
· Survey is undertaken in the identified villages to identify prevalent diseases. Individual Health screening of people have been done.
· For Health Promotion and health education, mass campaigning through rallies, Nukkad Nataks focussing on personal, environmental and social hygiene are being for creating awareness about hygiene.